Information and Communications Technology
Our school’s vision for ICT
As ICT underpins today’s modern lifestyle it is essential that all pupils gain confidence and ability, to prepare them for the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing technological world. The use of ICT will enhance and extend children’s learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and social skills.
At St Mary’s C of E Primary School our aims are to:
- Provide ICT as a resource that is a natural part of children’s experiences that is accessible for all.
- Allow children to learn discrete ICT skills and to use and extend those skills across the curriculum.
- Allow staff and children the opportunities to gain confidence in and enjoyment from, the use of ICT. Additionally to allow staff to develop professionally by enhancing their teaching skills, management skills and administrative skills.
- Allow children to appreciate the relevance of ICT in our society and that they see it as an essential tool for learning, communication, finding information and for controlling and understanding their environment.
- Encompass a wide range of everyday technologies as well as computers and laptops.