We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils
• We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
• In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
• We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged. At least 70% of any group will be made up of FSM children.
The range of provision the Governors may consider making for this group could include:
• Providing small group work with an experienced teacher
• 1-1 support
• Additional teaching and learning
• After school clubs
• Trips, including residential trips
• Other opportunities that facilitate pupils accessing the curriculum or were felt to enrich their experience in school
All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress and moving children to at least age related expectations. Initially this will be in communication, English and maths.
It will be the responsibility of the Headteacher, or a delegated member of staff, to produce regular reports for the Governing Body
• the progress made towards narrowing the gap, by year group, for socially disadvantaged pupils
• an outline of the provision that was made since the last meeting
• an evaluation of the cost effectiveness, in terms of the progress made by the pupils receiving a particular provision, when compared with other forms of support
The Governors of the school will ensure that there is an annual statement to parents on how the Pupil Premium funding has been used to address the issue of ‘narrowing the gap’, for socially disadvantaged pupils. The use and distribution of Pupil Premium Funding will be carried out within the any statutory requirements published by the Department for Education.